Citrix XenDesktop or XenDesktop is a Desktop Virtualization Softwares that allows multiple users to run Windows Desktops that are installed in a central location of an Organization. It is one of the well-known Virtual Desktop Software developed by Citrix. Citrix XenApp or XenApp is an application virtualization Software that allows multiple users to access the Windows Application via Cloud Computing. IIHT offers the advanced training on Virtualization in the environment of Citrix Platform. Let’s take a look at the contents of the course that are covered in Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp training session.
Citrix’s XenDesktop is a suite of Desktop virtualization software that enables several users to access and run Microsoft Windows desktops installed at a centralized location, may be far away from devices from which the desktops are being accessed. XenDesktop delivers desktops and applications to almost any device, taking into consideration data security, lower costs and increased productivity. It also allows users to access Linux virtual desktops along with their Windows applications for a wholesome workspace know-how.
Citrix’s XenApp is a popular platform for applications and desktop delivery. XenApp has proud 100+ million users world over. The main advantage of XenApp is that it allows secure access of remote devices to Windows Applications and Server Desktops. Users working on Windows, can easily access Linux virtual desktops using XenApp. XenApp allows advanced system monitoring, robust access control and a much secured architecture.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF CITRIX XENDESKTOP AND XENAPP:
- XenApp and XenDesktop offer a comprehensive virtual App and Desktop solution from one particular easily deployable platform.
- Users can work anytime, from anywhere and using any device using XenApp and XenDesktop. They can work on Windows, Web, Linux, SaaS Applications as well as complete virtual desktops.
- They are highly secured, comprehensive and easily deployable platforms.
- XenApp and XenDesktop comprises of HDX RealTime Optimization Pack allowing users to publish Skype for Business virtually which is as good as locally.
- These platforms help in centralizing users’ data systems, thus reducing costs and redundant information to a great extend.
- Citrix is closely working with Microsoft and Google, allowing enterprises to deliver centrally managed apps and data.
IIHT is offering a Modular Programme in XenApp and XenDesktop. Following are the course topics included in this programme:
- Understanding the Architecture of a XenApp and XenDesktop Solution
- Managing Licenses and Delegating Administration
- Managing and Monitoring the Hypervisor
- Managing Desktops and Applications
- Managing StoreFront
- Managing Policies and Profiles
- Managing and Monitoring Sessions, Sites, and End Users with Director
- Managing Printing
- Managing Provisioning Services
Pre-requisites : Working professionals having a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in IT Industry.
Duration : 40 hours.
BENEFITS OF LEARNING XENDESKTOP AND XENAPP
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop are a very popular open-source, powerful and robust virtualization platform.
- Due to increased productivity and efficiency, XenDesktop and XenApp are widely used among enterprises.
- Better career opportunities and good pay in top MNCs.